The Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) is a new data protection law in South Africa that aims to protect the privacy of individuals by regulating the processing of their personal information. This course is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the POPIA, its principles, and its implications for businesses and individuals who process personal information.
THE COURSE WILL COVER THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:
Introduction to POPIA: This module will cover the background and context of the POPIA, including its purpose and objectives, and the legal framework surrounding it.
POPIA Principles: This module will cover the eight principles of POPIA, including the purpose for which personal information is collected, the type of personal information that can be collected, and the manner in which personal information should be processed, among others.
Rights of Data Subjects: This module will cover the rights of data subjects under POPIA, including the right to access their personal information, the right to correct their personal information, and the right to object to the processing of their personal information, among others.
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the key principles of POPIA and their implications for businesses and individuals.
- Identify the compliance requirements of POPIA and develop strategies to ensure compliance.
- Understand the rights of data subjects and develop policies and procedures to ensure these rights are protected.
- Develop an understanding of the implications of POPIA for businesses and be able to develop a privacy culture within an organisation.
MODE OF DELIVERY
- Online via Microsoft Teams